Chronic Shoulder Pain Relief in Birmingham
Shoulder joint pain is a tough condition to deal with due to the vast numbers of factors that can contribute to pain itself. Dysfunctions of the shoulder including rotator cuff abnormalities and inflammatory pain can create constant pain issues for patients. Shoulder pain can also stem from conditions such as muscle spasms, stress and arthritis of the joint.
Thankfully the professionals at Health Star Clinic have years of experience with shoulder pain and injuries with traditional physical medicine and we can use our advanced MLS Laser to promote healing activating your body’s natural healing abilities. Health Star Clinic’s vast knowledge and experience will help to identify and treat your pain. Below are some of the more prevalent causes of chronic shoulder pain.
Causes of Shoulder Joint Pain:
- Rotator Cuff Injury – The rotator cuff is a fragile area on the body and is extremely prone to injury due variety of movement and flexibility that the area preforms. Small movements like reaching behind the seat in a car or lifting up a weighted object improperly way can cause muscle tears and stress in the area.
- Brachial Plexopathy – Pain and weakness associated with compression of the brachial plexus, a large grouping of nerves that extends from the neck into the arms. The brachial plexus can become injured by compressions of muscles, bone, trauma, tumor, or inflammation. Injured movements of the neck and shoulder can worsen the pain symptoms.
- Tennis Elbow – Painful condition of overworked tendons in the elbow, caused by repetitive motions of the wrist and arm.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Carpal tunnel is caused by pressure placed on the nerves in the wrist. Pain, stiffness, numbness and burning sensation can occur in the wrist, fingers and palm of the hand.
- Arthritis – Arthritis causes joint degeneration, inflammation of cartilage and stiffness in joints.
- Frozen Shoulder – Pain and stiffness in the shoulder. Typically starts as slight pain and develops gradually over time. Developing frozen shoulder is more common for patients recovering from a medical condition or procedure regarding the mobility of the arm.
Chronic Shoulder Pain Treatment
Once properly diagnosed, Health Star will provide you with the optimal treatment options to help your condition and bring you out of pain as soon as possible. Below are some of our treatment programs offered:
- Physical Medicine – Physical medicine works to strengthen and improve the body’s strength through range of motion therapy, resistance training, and improved joint mobility and muscle flexibility. Often times the pain is a result of muscle weakness, or imbalance. We find that our corrective exercise and stretching often times relieves the pain symptoms without the need for surgery. Surgery should be your last resort.
- Spinal Adjustments –Spinal adjustments put the body in correct posture alignment and helps to relieve muscle strain from over compensation.
- MLS Laser Therapy – The healing properties that concentrated light energy helps to reduce inflammation and accelerates healing for acute soft tissue injuries, and chronic shoulder problems.
The professionals at Health Star will find the root cause of your shoulder pain injury. Once our experts identify the source of your pain we can provide a customized program designed for your specific pain needs. Why live with pain? Contact Health Star Clinic to see if we can help.